Para informacion en espanol, visite


Consumer Report &/or Investigative Report

The Fair Credit Reporting Act is a federal law that regulates all background searches from a third party consumer reporting agency, such as a criminal history search or motor vehicle report, not just credit reports.

I. In connection with my application for employment, with MAKO Unlimited, I understand that a consumer report &/or an investigative report (“Reports”) may be procured on me as part of the employment process. I further understand and authorize the release of the Reports information (consumer report &/or an investigative report) to companies (“MAKO Unlimited Clients”) outside of the control of MAKO Unlimited that are involved in the temporary employment assignment for which I have applied. I understand that MAKO Unlimited Clients must be aware of the information on the Reports to determine my suitability for the assignment.

I understand that a consumer report &/or an investigative report may include information as to my character, general reputation, personal characteristics, work habits, performance and experience, along with reasons for termination of past employment. Further, I understand that, as directed by company policy and consistent with the job described, you may be requesting information from public and private sources about my driving record, court records, education, credentials, credit, workers’ compensation injuries and references. Upon employment, and during my tenure with said company, I understand that these same requests, consistent with my current job description or future position, may be required to determine my suitability for continued employment, or part of a future move or promotion, within the company or company subsidiaries.

I understand that I have the right to request, in writing, within a reasonable time, that the consumer reporting agency make a complete and accurate disclosure of the nature and scope of the information requested. Such disclosure will be made to me within 5 days of the date on which the consumer reporting agency receives the request or within 5 days of the time the report was first requested, whichever is later.

II. Medical and workers’ compensation information will only be requested in compliance with the federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and/or any other applicable state laws.

III. According to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I am entitled to know if employment is denied because of information obtained by my prospective employer from a consumer reporting agency. If so, I will be notified and given the name and address of the agency or the source which provided the information.

IV. Minnesota, California and Oklahoma individuals only: if you want a copy of the report(s) ordered, please inform MAKO Unlimited. The report(s) will be sent to the address you listed, to include pre-employment Credit Reports.

V. I acknowledge that a telephonic facsimile (fax) or photographic copy shall be as binding as the original.

I hereby authorize, without reservation, any law enforcement agency, institution, information service bureau, school, employer, reference or insurance company, contacted by MAKO Unlimited or their representative, to furnish the information described in section I.


A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act

The federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) promotes the accuracy, fairness and privacy of information in the files of consumer reporting agencies. There are many types of consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus and specialty agencies (such as agencies that sell information about check writing histories, medical records, and rental history records). Here is a summary of your major rights under the FCRA. For more information, including information about additional rights, go to or write to: Consumer Response Center, Room 130-A, Federal Trade Commission, 600 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20580.

You must be told if information in your file has been used against you. Anyone who uses a credit report or another type of consumer report to deny your application for credit, insurance, or employment – or to take another adverse action against you – must tell you, and must give you the name, address and phone number of the agency that provided the information.

You have the right to know what is in your file. You may request and obtain all the information about you in the files of a consumer reporting agency (your “file disclosure”). You will be required to provide proper identification, which may include your Social Security number. In many cases, the disclosure will be free. You are entitled to a free file disclosure if:

• A person has taken adverse action against you because of information in your credit report; • You are the victim of identify theft and place a fraud alert in your file;
• Your file contains inaccurate information as a result of fraud;
• You are on public assistance;

• You are unemployed but expect to apply for employment within 60 days.

In addition, by September 2005 all consumers will be entitled to one free disclosure every 12 months upon request from each nationwide credit bureau and from nationwide specialty consumer reporting agencies. See for additional information.
You have the right to ask for a credit score. Credit scores are numerical summaries of your credit worthiness based on information from credit bureaus. You may request a credit score from consumer reporting agencies that create scores or distribute scores used in residential real property loans, but you will have to pay for it. In some mortgage transactions, you will receive credit score information for free from the mortgage lender.

You have the right to dispute incomplete or inaccurate information. If you identify information in your file that is incomplete or inaccurate and report it to the consumer reporting agency, the agency must investigate unless your dispute is frivolous. See for an explanation of dispute procedures.

Consumer reporting agencies must correct or delete inaccurate, incomplete or unverifiable information. Inaccurate, incomplete or unverifiable information must be removed or corrected, usually within 30 days. However, a consumer reporting agency may continue to report information it has verified as accurate.

Consumer reporting agencies may not report outdated negative information. In most cases, a consumer reporting agency may not report negative information that is more than seven years old, or bankruptcies that are more than 10 years old.

Access to your file is limited. A consumer reporting agency may
provide information about you only to people with a valid need – usually to consider an application with a creditor, insurer, employer, landlord, or other business. The FCRA specifies those with a valid need for access.

You must give your consent for reports to be provided to employers. A consumer reporting agency may not give out information about you to your employer, or a potential employer, without your written consent given to the employer. Written consent generally is not required in the trucking industry. For more information, go to

You may limit “prescreened” offers of credit and insurance you get based on information in your credit report. Unsolicited “prescreened” offers for credit and insurance must include a toll-free phone number you can call if you choose to remove your name and address from the lists these offers are based on. You may opt-out with the nationwide credit bureaus at 1-888-567-8688.

You may seek damages from violators. If a consumer reporting agency, or, in some cases, a user of consumer reports or a furnisher of information to a consumer reporting agency violates the FCRA, you may be able to sue in state or federal court.

Identity theft victims and active duty military personnel have additional rights. For more information, visit

States may enforce the FCRA, and many states have their own consumer reporting laws. In some cases, you may have more rights under state law. For more information, contact your state or local consumer protection agency or your state Attorney General. Federal enforcers are:

Consumer reporting agencies, creditors and others not listed below Federal Trade Commission: Consumer Response Center – FCRA Washington, DC 20580 1-877-382-4357
National banks, federal branches/agencies of foreign banks (word “National” or initials “N.A.” appear in or after bank’s name) Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Compliance Management Mail Stop 6-6 Washington, DC 20219 1-800-613-6743
Federal Reserve System member banks (except national banks and federal branches/agencies of foreign banks) Federal Reserve Board
Division of Consumer & Community Affairs
Washington, DC 20551
Savings associations and federally chartered savings banks (word “Federal” or initials “F.S.B.” appear in federal institution’s name) Office of Thrift Supervision Consumer Complaints Washington, DC 20552 800-842-6929
Federal credit unions (words “Federal Credit Union” appear in institution’s name) National Credit Union Administration 1775 Duke Street Alexandria, VA 22314 703-519-4600
State-chartered banks that are not members of the Federal Reserve System Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Consumer Response Center 2345 Grand Avenue, Suite 100 Kansas City, Missouri 64108-2638
Air, surface, or rail common carriers regulated by former Civil Aeronautics Board or Interstate Commerce Commission Department of Transportation Office of Financial Management Washington, DC 20590 202-366-1306
Activities subject to the Packers and Stockyards Act of 1921 Department of Agriculture Office of Deputy Administrator – GIPSA Washington, DC 20250

State Law Notices

For residents of, or for jobs located in, California, Minnesota, Massachusetts, New York and Oklahoma: You may request a free copy of any background check report by printing this page, checking the box below, sign and date, and submit to the MAKO Unlimited office.

☐ I request a free copy of the report.


If you live in, or are seeking work for the Company in California, Maine, Massachusetts, N.Y. or Washington State, note:

CALIFORNIA: You may view the file that the Consumer Reporting Agency has for you, and order a copy of the file, upon submitting proper identification and paying copying costs, by going to the Consumer Reporting Agency’s offices, during normal business hours and on reasonable notice, or by mail. You may also ask for a file summary by telephone. The Consumer Reporting Agency can answer questions about information in your file, including any coded information. If you go in person, another person can come with you, so long as that person can show proper identification.

MAINE: If you ask us, you have the right to know whether the Company ordered a background check report on you. You may request the name, address and telephone number of the nearest office for the Consumer Reporting Agency. We will send this information to you within five business days of our receipt of your request. You have the right to ask the Consumer Reporting Agency for the report.

MASSACHUSETTS: If you ask, you have the right to a copy of any background check report concerning you that the Company has ordered. You may contact the Consumer Reporting Agency for a copy.

NEW YORK: If you submit a written request, you have the right to know whether the Company ordered a background check on you from the Consumer Reporting Agency. You may inspect and order a copy of the report by contacting the Consumer Reporting Agency.

WASHINGTON STATE: You have the right, upon written request made within a reasonable period of time after your receipt of this disclosure, to receive from the Company a complete and accurate disclosure of the nature and scope of any “investigative” consumer report we may have requested. You also have the right to request from the Consumer Reporting Agency a written summary of your rights and remedies under the Washington Fair Credit Reporting Act. If the Company obtains information bearing on your credit worthiness, credit standing or credit capacity, it will be used to evaluate whether you would present an unacceptable risk of theft or other dishonest behavior in the job for which you are being considered.